(a) A family care home shall assure that all staff responsible for caring for residents with medical symptoms that warrant restraints are trained on the use of alternatives to physical restraint use and on the care of residents who are physically restrained.
(b) Training shall be provided by a registered nurse and shall include the following:
(1) alternatives to physical restraints;
(2) types of physical restraints;
(3) medical symptoms that warrant physical restraint;
(4) negative outcomes from using physical restraints;
(5) correct application of physical restraints;
(6) monitoring and caring for residents who are restrained; and
(7) the process of reducing restraint time by using alternatives.